Assorted drinks are integral parts of social life in the United Kingdom, whether that involves meeting friends at the local pub or having an intimate glass of wine at home. Reports show that the average citizen spends hundreds of pounds each year on alcohol, but are the deal the best they can get?
Prices of drinks bought from the store have been falling over the past years, but some methods still encourage savings. That is the case at the end of the market – for liqueurs, wines, and imported beers. But it is possible to save money on staples.
Continue reading to discover everything you need to know about getting the best deal on alcoholic drinks and reducing the cost of socializing.
The Most Famous Alcoholic Drinks in the UK
Whether you plan to stock your party wines or need some collection to take to a party, you are here. There is enough to pick from, and below is a quick list:
- Lager: This is arguably the most famous drink in the United Kingdom as regards volume drink. Lagers are light, fizzy, and frequently not so strong, with a crisp-like taste. They are to be served chilled (making them a perfect choice for hot summer days) and can also be reasonably cheap. Many of the Lagers available in the UK supermarkets are obtained from German or Czech brewing methods, and a considerable part will be categorized as Pilsners (from Plsen in Czech). There is a large craft lager scene, with British and American breweries, including many legendary German brews. However, you order your beer and cider today and get delivered to your doorstep by delivery guy.
- Wines: You likely know that wines are made by fermenting grapes with yeast, and the end product is red, rose, or white. Most big producers include Chile, Australia, South Africa, Spain, Italy, France, and the USA. Still, the wine scene in the UK is also growing; so make sure you explore local vineyards if you have the opportunity. If you are purchasing wine long-term, always go for reds because white degrades once left too long (reds are mature). No matter the type you opt for, you will meet lots of descriptions and tastes, so you should attend wine-tasting sessions.
Get a bottle of wine at the comfort of your home or bar and get it delivered the same hour.
- Whiskey: This is made from fermented barley and malt and can take several years to mature in casks. Almost usually more than 40% alcohol, whiskies are way more robust than the strongest wines and can have an earthy, peaty taste (though there are varieties). A drink that can be easily obsessed with, Irish, Scotch, and American whiskies are made for sipping and savoring sake.
Order your brands of whisky at the comfort of your home or bar and get it delivered the same hour.
- Vodka: This is among the alcoholic drinks with the least calories and is transparent, lacks strong taste, but is deceptive. Again, often above 40% alcohol, vodka is a great but challenging drink. It is produced from distilled grains (mostly rice) and makes a perfect mixer for cocktails because of its mild taste.
- Rum: This is produced from distilled sugar and is stronger than whiskey or vodka. Renowned brands like Kraken Black and Dark Matter are cool, but rum is not made to be sipped even though they produce respected drinks. However, rum is a great mixer when served with coke, and it lays the foundation for many famous cocktails, so it is great to have around.
- Tequila: This is a different drink. Made in Mexico, tequila is produced through fermentation of the leaves of the agave plant and has a different taste. However, tequila is not to be drunk neat. It is made to be drunk with a pinch of salt and a slice of lime – which turns it, from a toxic drink, into a great delight. How the metamorphosis happened is not clear to anyone, but the results are there.
Order your brands of tequila at the comfort of your home or bar and get it delivered the same hour.
- Gin: Formerly linked with mother’s ruin in London in the 18th century, Gin (or Geneva) is produced by fermenting juniper berries with malt, forming a sharp but drinkable spirit that can be drunk without any mixture. In fact, there are boutique gins all over the UK, and the drink is seeing a renaissance. It is a wonderful time to have gin and tonic, with new brands entering the market each month.
Order your brand of gin at the comfort of your home or bar and get it delivered the same hour.
- Brandy: This is an old darling in the UK and France and is actually made by distilling wine. As probably expected, this focuses on the strength of producing spirits that fall between 25 to 50% alcohol. There are certain cheap supermarket brandies in the market, but these are ideal for mixing cough remedies. To enjoy the drink itself, buy a famous brand like Cognac.
How to buy Alcohol at the Best Price
Now, we understand better the types of alcohol available as well as the health issues associated with alcoholic drinks, how then can you save money on your favorite drinks? Many ways may be worth trying. Online purchase has become so famous, with many people visiting the internet for shopping.
For people planning to order something a bit different and unique, I.T Drinks is the option. There are numerous advantages of ordering drinks online. Your favorite drinks can be delivered to your doorstep without hitting the street to get them. You also can save money when you order in bulk or benefit from special deals and promos.
Always Purchase Drinks from the Best Place
To get the best wine at the comfort of your doorstep in Inverness and its environs, dial the number of one of the top liquor delivery service providers. Whether you’re having a birthday party or watching the football or even ran out of beers for the barbeque, we are at your service.
If you are a visitor to Inverness and want a delivery to your campsite or hotel then I.T Drinks can deliver to you. Call 01463 233333 to order make inquiry.